5/17/10

Isabella Huffington Art Exhibit

Did you ever itch to take creative license with your high school bedroom? I had a lovely room with buttercup walls and white plantation shutters. Nevertheless, I dreamt of painting my bedroom walls black and hanging black and white photos. My conservative/sane parents said NO, as concerned for my mental health as for the house's resale value. I think the wildest I ever got was using scotch tape (quelle horreur!) to adhere Marilyn Monroe postcards to the walls.
ISABELLA HUFFINGTON has elevated high school bedroom collage into high art. And while Arianna Huffington would frown on a bunch of strangers moving into her college-bound daughter's bedroom, we can get our fix by admiring these impressive mixed media prints.
The young artist held her first exhibit at the William Turner Gallery in Bergamot Station this past Sunday. By the time Queen Bee left, every piece had sold. I like to think of her sharpie on poster board works as postmodern pointillist pop. See more here: isabellahuffington.com